Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tangy Roasted or Grilled Zucchini

This is a really simple dish. My favorite way to cook zucchini is to saute with chopped garlic in a little olive oil, and stop cooking while it's still bright green and firm. But I've been cooking zucchini two or three times a week lately, as my garden has produced an abundance of eggplant-sized zucchinis.
  • Juice from two limes
  • 1 tablespoon Ancho chile paste (optional)
  • Freshly ground black pepper

The chile paste really is optional. I just my ancho chile paste like that guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding uses Windex. It pretty much solves every culinary problem facing me.

Put the chile paste into the lime juice and stir. Slice zucchini on the diagonal - almost length-wise to maximize the size of the slices. Bathe in the lime juice and sprinkle with a couple turns of fresh ground black pepper. This is really good cooked over an open flame on the grill, or you can roast them at 400 for about 20 minutes. When roasting, I use a steam pan to get these guys cooked through.

No comments: